Thursday, October 29, 2009

Second week in EIR

A week has passed and I'm now on my second lesson.


Today we learnt about different types of internet websites and how they facilitate internet research. To know what kind of information you want, you have to know where to find them. Knowledge of different websites would be a great aid in narrowing your search. It is a wonder how a system that was originally designed for the US militiary in World War 2 would become so beneficial and accessible to the world today.

Today, we also had an exercise with $500 (imaginary) to go online shopping! How COOL? Of course, it would be way better if we were each given real money but what the heck...

I went on to Amazon .com to "buy" the "Complete Calvin and Hobbes. Volumes 1,2,3".



I've just gotten back to reading the series and I'm absolutely hooked! Even if it did cost me a hefty USD94.50.

Of course, I went on to buy some CDs and vinyl records. That cost me almost $50!



Of course, $500 isn't enough to buy a record player so I'll just have to wait for the next "$500" to be given out.

till next time!

Oh! Check this out! http://www.wwwdotcom.com/

1 comment:

  1. lol cool website link! you shud post all that you bot up here!

    ReplyDelete