Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Last week of EIR

My EIR journey hasn't been very long, but definitely rewarding. Amidst the many things learnt, one thing has really stuck with me.

Life isn't a fixed puzzle. There are many ways and paths to take to get the answers you need.

I learnt that during the practical with Meta-Search engines. I was very reluctant to leave my comfort zone of the usual search engines like, Google. But now I see, I can use Meta-Searches to obtain a much larger pool of results, especially when the search engine I'm using just doesn't seem to give me the results I want.

I have found several interesting facts about the roles of robots in society. Robots are here to aid humans in the tasks that cannot be done by humans themselves. That includes working in harsh environments like space exploration and dump sites. I have also come to a conclusion that robots will never replace humans in society. While robots are durable and completely obedient, I feel they will never have the kind of creativity and spontaneity that humans possess.

With that, I end my EIR journey. While my course here has ended, the lessons and techniques obtained will definitely aid me in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment